Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Goals for 2012



Now that I'm feeling better I can direct my energy into a more favorable direction other than the seat of my toilet. This past year I have learned to love goal setting. When I have a full plate ( no Jillian, I am not referring to my caloric intake) of things to do, I jot down my goals for the day and it helps me to stay on task. Plus I love putting that little check mark down! Here's to 2012! In no particular order:

1) I know it's cliche but I am really making it my mission to ditch this baby weight and get back to my healthy body weight. I have been pregnant or nursing 4 of the last 5 1/2 years! I'm still nursing Emma but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to eat as much as I possibly can, 'because it's for the baby' anymore.

 You already know my love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels. I am rolling my goal of continuing to exercise in with losing weight. They kinda go hand 'n hand right?

2) Will it be the year for us? The year we find our 'forever' home. Please, let it be the year.

3) Have Aubrey reading before fall. We are on the right track! More on that another day.

4) Get Brandon potty trained ... for realz this time. I thought I had him potty trained this past summer but boy did he pull one over on me. I bought him underwear and everything!!

Mr. Look at me Momma, I'm poopin' in the potty Momma ... HAHA, jokes on you, it's on the floor!

Uh-uh, not havin' it! I've already started workin' on this one and it's off to a good start. C'mon B, you can do it!!

5) BLOG! At least 4-5 times per week and try to get readers other than my Mom and I... Yes, I read my own blog, over and over and over... So sad, I know this.

* UPDATE: Thank all of you who let me know that my Mother and I are not the only ones who read this blog! I appreciate all of you and thank you for reading!!

6) Eat less Christmas Crack.

7) Eat less.



8) Keep eyebrows waxed, legs shaved, hair and nails trimmed ... shower ... All on a regular basis. This may cause some of you gasp but peeps, I have 3 kids at home right now. Some days it is not possible to do any of these things. Most days I look like this:


For the story on the picture click here.


Seriously though, I need to work on putting myself first sometimes. I think this is something that all Mothers struggle with. We tend to focus on our family so much that sometimes we forget about ourselves. I know this will probably be one of the hardest goals to meet but I'm going to try.

9) Continue to build my relationship with Christ and also assist my kids in building theirs as well. I'm going to roll reading my Bible more often, praying for others more and being a better servant in with this.






10) Have more date nights with my hubby. I love this man. Can we make time for just him and I when we are not just at home? I love that time together too but sometimes we just need a night out. I'm making it a priority.




11) Wear a real bra. No more of this sports bra mumbo jumbo!!


Okay, there you have it! I know I've left some things out but I'm okay with that because another goal of mine is to stop 'sweating the small stuff'.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I'll say it again over and over, you're such a good mom! and writer.....keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...