Sunday, January 8, 2012

Glow-Worm Makes Me Cry



If you have kids you probably know about Glow-Worm. It's a cute little plush toy that plays music and its face glows when you press it's belly. Also known as Mommy Kryptonite.

Every time I hear it I just want to curl up into a little ball and suck my thumb. The music it plays is just so sweet and makes me wanna be held by my Momma.

Emma received a Glow-Worm for Christmas and it's just so stinkin' cute. She likes for me to play it and set it next to her. Okay, maybe she doesn't care but I like to play it and set it next to her. Aubrey and Brandon love it too, right now it's one of the most fought over toys. The other day I caught Brandon laying under a blanket curled up with Glow-Worm. He's mesmerized by it's sweet music and cute glowing face. I climbed in with him and assumed the fetal position. Okay, I didn't but I really wanted to.



Did you ever have a Glow-Worm? I did. Maybe that's why it makes me wanna bawl my eyes out. Or maybe it's because I know that in the not so far away future Glow-Worm will end up in a pile of toys in the bottom of a closet because the kids have outgrown it. Wwwaaahhhh.... I may cry just thinking about it.


Since I'm a borderline hoarder I still have mine from when I was a baby. I went upstairs and dug it out. Aubrey took one look at it and claimed it as hers. I'm glad my little Glow-Worm has a second chance at life.





It's sooo cute.




When I was 12 my Mom gave me footie pajamas for Christmas. Twelve people, twelve!! Needless to say I requested she cut off the feet and she obliged. Now, I'm no psychologist but could it be that my Mom was going through baby withdraw and was making one last ditch effort to have someone in her house still wearing footie pajamas?

I get it now Mom, I get it.


That's it kids!! You are getting Glow-Worms and footie pajamas for Christmas when your 15!!!!! Someone in this house will be wearing footie pajamas and clutching Glow-Worm, even if it has to be Hubbs!!!

12 comments:

  1. I remember the glow worm....sigh....
    What happened to the little blue bear (looked similar) that if you touched it even slightly it would play music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about that thing! I probably have it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oH FUN! How did you find me! My little 11 month old Sydney got a glow worm for xmas too. She doesn't know how to get it on herself, kinda hard for them to squeeze...but she giggles a lot when I turn it on. I am sure it will be a favorite. Thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to getting to know you a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! Thank you for commenting, I found you from a comment you left over at '71 toes'! Looks like we have kids around the same age, isn't it great! Looking forward to reading more about your family life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Glow Worms as a kid. You make me want to buy one for my 9 and 7 year old. They would totally dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, you totally should! But be prepared to fight the urge to swaddle them and rock them in a rocking chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Glow Worms, but I just had to comment to say: I requested footie pajamas for Christmas this year and I am a senior in college. I may have begged my mom to go to the store and find a specific print and then hold it up to herself to see if they would fit me. They were by far my favorite Christmas gift. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Jesllee, you know now that I'm older I probably wouldn't mind getting a pair myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! We are SOOOOO related! SERIOUSLY! I still have the little riding bunny my daughter got for Easter when she was 2 years old. It's plastic and has faded to barely-there pink these 40 years later. I keep HOPING maybe I'll go look at it and there she will be - sitting on that thing with her feet not quite touching the ground. And footie pjs??? I cried when, at age 11 my daughter DARED me to even CONSIDER buying her a pair for Christmas. (Note: Just this past holiday season, my daughter called me and asked if I thought I could find a pair in women's size medium for her!) HEAVEN! Hmmm ... maybe if I go out right NOW she'll be on the patio riding her bunny. Think I'll go check! 'Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh please post pictures of your husband in footie pajamas! Please???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha Anna, he may never let me near the computer again if I did that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...