Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'll Eat You Up, I Love You So...



Aubrey, when you go to Kindergarten 

I think I'll say

Please don't go, I'll eat you up, I love you so.







Brandon, when you get married

I think I'll say

Please don't go, I'll eat you up, I love you so.







Emma, when you are the last to leave home

I think I'll say

Please don't go, I'll eat you up, I love you so.






Baby sleeps, Baby cries,
But long after you nod off I still lay by.

Ten little fingers swaddled up tight,
I sit and watch after you've gone goodnight.

Open the door to big kids room,
Silent slumber my eyes consume.

I say, 'I'll be just fine',
But then I think and start to unwind.

No more babies to kiss and caress,
No more cleaning up the mess.

No more bedtime books to read,
No more hungry mouths to feed.

I'm so happy to see you grow,

but...

Please don't go.

I'll eat you up.

I love you so.

Dear Kids, 

If you haven't noticed already,

I think I may have a slight problem with letting go... I'm working on it, maybe when you're 18 I'll be able to let you out of eyesight and not feel like I'm missing an arm, or leg... or my heart...

SEE THERE I GO AGAIN.


Linking this post up to:

The Mommy Club



5 comments:

  1. Yes, letting go is hard- but I try and think, well someday I won't really want them to be adults and living with me because then that means they are bums living off their mom. But yea, it will be hard.

    Love the new look of your blog, very bright and open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Emmy! You are so right! I certainly don't want any bums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written. And, I feel you. I have a huge problem letting go too! I recently celebrated my oldest son's 10th birthday and you woulda though he was heading off to college I cried so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm sure I'll be the same way when my oldest turns ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, precious.....makes one teary. In looking at the pic of Brandon and Emma I think they look more alike than Aubrey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...