Friday, January 13, 2012

How To Make Toilet Paper Roll Wall Art




Okay, I'm about to change your life.

Not really but for realz, you will never look at a toilet paper roll the same way again. If you've been browsing Pinterest 24/7 like I have I'm sure you've seen all the toilet paper roll wall art.

A couple of months ago I tried out my own version.

This is how it turned out.



Kinda sad, I know this. That's why I decided to make a new one. It's so easy!!

Gather as many toilet paper or paper towel rolls as you can. Don't worry if you don't have enough t.p. rolls, all you have to do is get the stomach rot like I did and you will have plenty of empty rolls. Trust me.

After you gather them you will need to flatten them all out.




Okay, grab your scissors and get to work cutting. Now, you can measure these out if you would like to but I just eyed it and made them about 1 inch thick.




All of the tutorials I checked out used glue to hold these together but I'm about to blow your mind because there is a much simpler way. Use a small stapler and things will go a lot smoother. In the end you won't even be able to tell you used staples.


All you need to do is grab two pieces and hold them like this.



Then staple together.




You are going to continue to add pieces until you have something resembling this.




Once you have a star shape like this all you have to do is go around filling in the spaces with pieces. Like so:




Make sense? Now all you have to do is keep going around filling in spaces until you have your desired size.


I ended up running out of rolls so I took down my old wreath and started using the pieces from that.




When you have your desired size you will have something like this.

Once you are done you can either paint your design or leave it plain. I chose to spray paint.




This is what I ended up with.






Gotta say I love it!!





I have a huge wall that I never know what to do with so this has helped to fill up the empty space.




If you want to do your own T.P. design here are a few things you should know:

I used a light color spray paint but I wouldn't recommend it. I had a hard time getting the spray paint to color the t.p. well.

It's not going to be perfect. There are a few places in mine that are kinda funky but when you put it on your wall and look at it as a whole, you wont even notice.

The hardest part of this project is knowing when to stop. It's hard to tell when all sides are even but I just eyed it and it turned out okay.


I love it and think it turned out great. It's so easy that everyone should have their used toilet paper rolls on their wall, especially if it's from the stomach rot because then it will be a constant reminder of how great your life is when you're not spending the entire day in your bathroom.






Have a great weekend!

I will be linking up over at:



6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is amazing. Looking at it you would never know what it was made out of!! It turned out so pretty and looks great on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it....think I'll start my collection and make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!! It's so easy, I might just make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO cool! I'm tempted to go and remove all the paper from our rolls now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did you get the spray paint to stay on the toilet paper rolls??? i tried using the same spray paint and it just dissapears.. HELP! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found its much easier to paint the rolls inside and outside first before cutting. I just used acrylic paint. Dried super fast. I also keep a special bucket by the toilet to collect all the used rolls and make sure to remove all the tp off of them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...