Friday, December 9, 2011

Ornaments



I love Christmas. I have wonderful memories of Christmas as a child. One of my favorite things to do has always been putting the ornaments on the tree. Examining each ornament and seeing them glow in the light. I always did this with my Mom and now I have my own family to do it with. We didn't pull out all of our ornaments this year because we didnt' want them being chucked around like a football ( Brandon), but here are a few of our favorites that we do have out.


I think this was my brothers .... Mine now!!!


Missing a leg but we still love him.

This bird looks so beautiful in the light of the tree.






The bell still rings for us.





I bought this the Christmas I was pregnant with Aubrey. It's so cute ... I swear I won't tear up when I pull this out 20 years from now... Nah, I won't tear up, I'm going to all out bawl.





The first Christmas Jerry and I shared together. 




My friend gave me this, it's beautiful in the tree.






When I was a kid my Mom hand stitched these cute ornaments. I love them.


















Bell Santa.










I bought these for Brandon at the end of last season. He loves them so much he keeps taking them off the tree to play with them.






Cute li'l Santa.







Brandon said this was his favorite ornament.







Aubrey said this was her fav. Hmm... wonder why? Maybe because the kid is obsessed with getting married! No kidding, she talks about it all the time and it's creepin' me out. Please let this just be a stage.






Classic.






Another that was given to me by a friend. I love this ornament RBT and I think about you every year when I get it out! 





Got this one for Aubrey a few years ago.





So cute.




For some reason I just love this little snowman.




I know one day my kids will cherish these little objects just as much as I do but I hope they cherish the memories even more. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...