Monday, December 19, 2011

A Christmas Party



I was invited to a Christmas party on Saturday. It did not require a fancy dress or high heeled shoes, pajamas and slippers were just fine. I didn't have to do my hair or even brush it for that matter. There were no cocktails or 5 star meals. Music was simply listening to Christmas carols from the computer.


My kids brought toys out of corners and toy chests and made a mess of huge proportions. As I sat there I could feel my anxiety start to rise as I thought of the mess that I was going to have to clean up. Just when I was about to order them to stop my daughter came over and and whispered 'Mommy, we're having a party and it's for you'. I could feel my anxiety wash away and it was quickly replaced with the love and joy that only a child can give.

How often do I do this, I asked myself. How often do I let my emotion take over before I even give my children the chance to give me joy? Probably more often than I should.

I made sandwiches and chips and we sat on the floor at our party to eat them. I sat down and I enjoyed my kids company. No worrying about messes or when it was getting cleaned up. We had a great time, there was dancing and singing and my kids were so happy ... and so was I.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're taking time to spend with your little ones. I think I failed sometimes in that department, I let other life issues get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Mothhherrrr, you always spent all your free time with us! You were at every single one of my games, I remember that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...