Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mommy Confession: I Make the Kids Sing Backup




Ok, here's the deal. I like to sing ... I'm also not very good at it, or as Hubby would say 'hunny you suck' but that certainly does not keep me from trying. I used to sing all the cool songs that were hot at the time. Since having kids I have lost the luxury of tuning into my favorite station and turning up the tunes while driving. I am completely out of touch with popular music right now, so I mainly sing things like 

The Backyardigans Theme song,

Fresh Beat Band,

Yo Gabba Gabba songs,

Team Umi Zumi Theme song.


For some reason those particular songs get stuck in my head and I will go all day repeating them. But here's the catch, I can't sing them unless I have someone doing backup. I just can't. Don't ask me why because I don't know but someone has got to be there to do the 'ooooooo' and 'yeeeahhhhhh'.

And since Hubby refuses, it's up to the kids.

It usually goes something like this:

ME: There's a party in my tummy

Aubrey: So yummy, so yummy

ME: There's a party in my tummy

Brandon: So yummy, so yummy

ME: Green Beans

Aubrey: YEAAAAHHH

Brandon: Yummy Yummy

ME: Carrots

Aubrey: Yeahhhhh

Brandon: Yummy Yummy



Me: Okay, less YEAAAHHHH, and more yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh

Aubrey: Okay Mommy, let's try it again!

Is this normal? I can't stop!

The good thing is that I don't mind singing back up for them either!




7 comments:

  1. That was hilarious! I could totally hear Brobie doing his little song while I was reading that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I always picture him when I sing that!

      Delete
  2. You are so adorable! I love reading your stuff...you make me feel normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For the longest time I have thought I was very ABnormal, lol. Then I started reading other blogs and I realized 'wow, I'm not the only one'! Glad you can relate :)

      Delete
  3. Haha!! I love that! I feel like I'm going to be singing "There's a party in my tummy" all day now. Ha! I love to sing silly, too. Thanks for linking up with us at #findingthefunny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...