Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Apple Bars



Have you ever clicked on my Recipes tab at the top of the screen? Ummm yeaaahhh, nothing there. UNTIL NOW!! 

I found this recipe in my Recipes folder. I had written it down some time ago and just happened to come across it. I dropped everything I was doing and started making these. THEY ARE GOOD.

Here is what you will need:

  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup White Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Cup Chopped Apple

First thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350. 

Grease a 9x9 inch pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.




In a large bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of your white sugar. Mix until smooth.



Sir in your egg and vanilla.



Blend in your flour mixture until combined. Then add your chopped apples and mix well.





Spread this goodness into your 9x9 baking dish.

Combine your sugar and Cinnamon in a small bowl to make your topping and then sprinkle evenly over the top of your dish.

Do not make the same mistake I did :




Luckily I had only sprinkled about 1/4 when I realized my mistake.

Don't be like me.

Bake this awesomeness for 25 minutes. Let cool in your pan and then cut into squares/bars.



You can eat plain or serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream ...

These were gone in approximately 3 minutes.

And that was before I even told anyone else they were done.

Again... Don't be like me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you've become a better cook than me! they look really good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...