Monday, March 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Fruit Dip Recipe



I made this recipe for Aubrey's 5th Birthday Party. Unfortunately I never had the chance to serve it.

You see, I'm a little clumsy.

I had been holding my fruit tray in my lap along with some cupcakes while Hubby was driving to the pavilion that we were hosting the party at. As I hopped out of my seat I meant to set these things on the roof of the car but instead I threw it right through the open rear window onto poor Emma's lap.

Uhhh....yeahh. Didn't need the fruit dip.

Fortunately the kids and I enjoyed it later in the evening when we were home.

Overall the kids and I really liked it. We ate it with cantaloupe and apples.

Hubby hated it and wouldn't touch it after one bite. So I guess it all depends on your preference.

For me the taste was great with the fruit.

I had tried it while I was making and didn't think it was going to be too good. It left a weird aftertaste in my mouth but when I paired it with he fruit the aftertaste was gone and it was really good.


This is what you will need:




  • 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • ¼ cup milk
  • tablespoons honey
  • teaspoon cinnamon
I used a 16 oz carton of sour cream so I doubled everything.







Directions:


  1. 1
    Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill thoroughly. Serve dip with an assortment of fresh fruit. (Apple and Banana seem to go over best with children!).




Here is your finished product:







Enjoy!

To see the original recipe click here.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I actually gasped when you said you threw it through the window. SO funny, sorry:) It sounds great, I would not be able to make it though, allergic hubby, so maybe I can send him away some day so I can try it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to boot him out of the house for awhile so you can make this! Trust me, it's so yummy it will be all gone by the time he gets back, lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...