Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Banana Trick



Awhile back I saw this awesome little trick on Pinterest and I've been using it ever since.

We love making and drinking shakes around here. Usually I'll throw in half a banana but one problem I was running into was the bananas ripening so fast and getting mushy. 

I know some people love mushy bananas but not us!

This trick is awesome for keeping your bananas around longer without ripening so fast. 

All you have to do when you get home from the grocery store is instead of just putting your bananas in your fruit basket. 

Separate them from the stem first.

IT WORKS!

When you separate them from the stem they last so much longer.

I have no idea why but it's great! 





Have you seen my Avacado Trick?

2 comments:

  1. I read that some where a while ago and I have been doing the same thing. And yes...it does work!

    I also separate them because my kids can't seem to figure out how to take one off without ruining the others lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, sounds like my kids! Before I started separating them they would decided they wanted one go through each of them peeling only parts until they could find one they could get off completely! This makes it so much easier for little ones :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...