Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Which My Little Girl is Not So Little

   



The next major change in our lives happened just this morning.

My baby left my arms and took a big step in her life. She is now a big Kindergartner.

WAHHHHH!!!!

I have seriously been having nightmares about this particular day. 


I know this is a good thing. I know I should be happy.

But I can't help but feel a little sadness. I know this is only the first of many steps she will take in life but I think it is quite possibly the hardest. 

For the last 5 and 1/2 years she has been mine. I have been there for her every move and now for 8 hours of the day I don't even get to see her. 

I am trusting a complete stranger to care for her and look over her. 

It does make it easier knowing she is so happy and excited about school. She was so ready this morning to get going. 

After a lot of going back and forth, Hubby and I decided to let her ride the bus. I really wanted to be there to walk her into school and take her to her classroom but Hubby was completely against it. Especially after the Kindergarten orientation when we were showing Aubrey the bus and the bus driver stressed how important it would be for her to ride the bus that first day so she could learn the ropes and the driver would know who she was. 

So, this morning I woke her up at 6:30 and she got ready and ate breakfast. I woke up Emma and Daddy and while Brandon kept sleeping, the rest of us walked outside. 

She looked so cute and ready for this big step.

I meant to take tons and tons of photos but Kindergartners are very impatient!







And then she was gone. Didn't even look back, no wave no kiss. She hopped right up there and didn't hesitate.

I thought for sure I was going to do the ugly cry but thankfully there was another Mother at the bus stop who gave a couple words of comfort and I was able to hold in my sobs. 

For the rest of the day I couldn't stop wondering what she was doing. How was her bus ride?

Who was there for her to get her to her classroom?

Was she being shy or making friends?

Could she get her container of peaches open at lunch or did she have to ask for help?


Brandon came to me and said " I miss Aubrey ".

It was so cute but later in the day he also said " I wish Aubrey would stay at Kindergarten", HAHA!

I do think he really did miss her.

2:40 rolled around and we finally left to pick her up. I couldn't wait to find out how her day went. 

She came walking up with a big smile and told us she had a great day and we even were able to get a few details out of her. 

She had made lots of friends and got to play outside 2 times. 

She told me she did feel sad at lunch but she did not have tears and then it went away and she felt better... AWWWW! 

She also charged breakfast onto her school account even thought she had already had breakfast. We had a little chat about that one. 

Overall she loved it and can't wait to go back tomorrow. I'm very happy, I can't imagine what I would do if she came to me saying she didn't like it or didn't want to go back. 


Even though it's hard, I'm so happy for her. She is growing and learning and she just makes me so proud!!





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...