Saturday, April 14, 2012

Daily Life




Where is the time going? I can't believe we are already half way through April! I love this time of year and especially the weather!


We have gotten spring fever and started a few seeds.






We also planted an Elephant Ear bulb, I'm excited to see how it looks when it pops up.




The kids love watering the plants.







This was the other night after the kids were all asleep. Hubby and I have been having some serious chess battles lately and with the chocolate covered strawberries it's almost as good as any night out...Almost.






This morning was interesting. Aubrey had pictures for soccer at 8:00AM!

Hubby had to work so it was all me today.

Were we there on time???

Uhhh... that would be a no. 

I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 7:35. Now, any other morning Brandon and Emma would have been awake and bouncing off walls at 7:00 on the dot. But of course on this morning, they were still sound asleep.

We got dressed, ate some eggs that I cooked in the microwave.

YES I SAID IT, I cook eggs (sometimes) in the microwave. Don't judge me!

We got to the field at about 8:20 and found Aubrey's team, which were all standing together waiting....

For us.

Did I remember money for the pictures?

No. 

Was Emma wearing anything but a onsie?

No. But I did bring her an outfit, she just didn't have it on yet. 

Was Aubrey's hair brushed?

NO! Who do you think I am?

I completely felt like THAT Mom. You know, the one who never has it together, kids are running wild with mats in their hair. Looks disheveled and about to have a nervous breakdown.

All the while looking at the other Moms who seem to have everything worked out, looking great with brushed hair. Kids standing attentively at their sides.

Oh well, I guess we all feel like that sometimes... Right??

We still had a good time though and we can't wait until next weekend when Daddy will be around to help!

After we had been home for awhile we decided to take a little walk and we found a little treasure.



A little Robin's egg. We put it in a safe place and are hoping to find more.


And lastly, I have to show the cutest little video ever of my sweetness. She is so cute and just this past week she learned a new 'trick'. She's actually been doing it for a few weeks but now she will do it when we ask her to.


She's waiving in case you didn't catch it.

Have a great weekend!!



1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, I say those 'perfect' on-time moms with their 'perfectly groomed' kids were VERY LUCKY! They got to be there to see the mom with the CUTEST KIDS EVER arrive! Who CARES about hair that's completely in place? Bah, humbug! And onsies? LOVE 'EM! Besides, tell me WHO could possibly be as adorable as Emma waving? You did GREAT, Mom! Keep right on doing what you're doing! As the song said, "Don't worry! Be happy!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...