Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Night Musings



Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone! 

We have spent our day happily sitting at home resting and relaxing. We have had a busy weekend.

 We  finally upgraded our family car to a van so it no longer looks like a clown car when five people step out of one mid sized car. I'm super proud of my Hubby and myself for waiting to upgrade.  It was so tempting to buy one when Emma was born but we knew the right thing to do was wait until we bought our house first. So for a year and a half we have had 3 car seats mushed together in the back seat of our car. It was a pain and we honestly did get some funny looks and lots of remarks that we needed a van.  But we didn't care, we knew our patience would pay off and now it has!

Hubby had researched and researched for months and we are very happy with our purchase! We took it on tour over the weekend and visited some family. It's very nice to have room for extra kids when we need it! 



We spent this morning talking about our plans for our home this spring. I love plans, don't you?

There are so many things we can't wait to do when the weather warms up but until then it's fun to talk about!

Aubrey, Brandon and I made some chocolate chip cookies.



My handsome boy. 



I put on a pot of homemade potpourri. It's super easy and smells so good. All you need is some cinnamon and I also use ground nutmeg. Mix with peelings from oranges and a couple of cups of water. Then bring to a boil and let simmer for however long you would like. I can usually use the same pot the next day as well, just keep adding water when it gets low. Smells great and very fragrant!





Last week was soo windy!! Brandon has been asking for so long to fly his kite so we flew it for two days until it broke.




I had to take a picture of these huge tree's because they were srrsly creepin' me out. They were swaying so much in the crazy wind. 




I also wanted to share this little rambling of mine that I found. It's from a few weeks ago and I never got around to finishing it or publishing it so here it is anyway. 


.................................................................

As I'm sitting here at my desk, typing and thinking away the snow beautifully coating the ground outside my window the feeling of thankfulness is pouring from me. 

It is a beautiful feeling. Aubrey and I have spent our lunchtime tromping around outside through the woods. Looking for little animal prints throughout the tree's. We walked to the little creek which has frozen over and we climbed through our jungle gym of fallen trees. 

And as I watched Aubrey head down this little country gravel road talking excitedly with her friend as they headed to her house to get her snowsuit I could not help but feeling like a dream had come true.

It was a dream for so many years to have a place to call our true home. I prayed for a place with tree's and nature and somewhere safe for the kids to play. 

God answered my prayers! It makes my heart rejoice so much to have a yard for running. Tree's for climbing, friends who come through the woods to say hello. And even though we're expecting more snow, I can't help but think of summer and it's beauty. Of the blackberry vines over in the corner of the yard that I can't wait to ripen.  Of fingertips dyed black and juicy smiles. 


...................................................................

I know it's quite cheesy but I love it because it's true. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...