Monday, February 25, 2013

Living Room Update and Some TMI!




Well HELLLLERRR there! I'm back after a little hiatus. 


A couple of weeks ago I came to a really important conclusion. 

I'm overweight. Yes, I'm fat. My muffin top and busted can of biscuits completely overflowed so much that I finally had to be honest with myself that my weight was overtaking ME. 

The really important factor in this whole conclusion was that I had gotten to the point where I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. I was unhappy with myself and just so self conscious about my body. I finally just got real with myself ... I hit my breaking point. This is a good thing, a great thing. It means I'm ready. Beyond ready to loose the weight. 

After 3 kids and my weight fluctuating so often it's finally time for me to take care of myself. Since I won't be pregnant ever again (WAAAHHH) I really would like to get back to my pre pregnancy size. 

I was so tired of having boxes full of clothes that I could not wear. Of having only 1 or 2 pants that actually fit and so so tired of wearing stretchy pants all the time. It was so hard to get ready to go someplace and then walk to the closet and realize that I literally had nothing to wear because none of my clothes fit me. 

So I woke up one morning and I did it. I started my weight loss journey and I could not be happier. The first few days were ROUGH. I was seriously suffering from food withdraw but now I'm good. It took those few days for my body to adjust to not stuffing my face all the time but I'm starting to feel great. I feel those fat cells shrinking and my skin is looking better and I'm feeling better with more energy. 


So just so we're clear, I'm still overweight. But I'm a happy fatty because I'm doing something about it. I'm not sure if I have lost anything or not but I do know that I can wear a pair a pants that didn't fit a few weeks ago so that's got to count for something. I don't have a scale so I wont be weighing in, the plan to go by how my clothes fit and a how I feel. 

So I will keep you updated and hopefully be sharing some tips and letting you know how it's going. 


In other news, we have finally did some updating in our barren living room. So after the painting, furniture and wainscoting this is how the living room looked for awhile: 




Withing the last few weeks we have installed a TV on the wall (thanks to an awesome relative) and I have hung some pictures as well. 







Now, I don't actually know those people in the frames but I'm sure they are wonderful. 


This area needs some help. We are currently looking for a cute long table/bench that has some storage for under the TV so we can hide all these ugly wires. 



So the next few things for the living room:

Get rid of those people in the frames and replace them with people we actually know. 

Find a bench/table for under the TV.

Replace ceiling fan.

Replace and cover the pillows with some colorful pretty fabric. 

Possibly a rug.

Still deciding on wether or not to hang drapes. 

Paint some missed spots and the trim. 

New lampshade. 

That's not too much to ask is it? 

2 comments:

  1. nice!!!!!
    Keep up the good work for your weight loss!!!
    If you need support you know my number, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! I'm already using some of your tips, I got the soups you recommended but I don't think they are that great lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...