Oh. My. Goodness.
I tore this recipe out of a magazine a couple of months ago. It's called Chickadilla Soup and the recipe is from Kashi.
It's super healthy and the taste is amazing. I made it yesterday in the crock pot.
- 1lb Chicken Breast
- 30oz diced tomatoes
- 10oz mild enchilada sauce
- 4oz chopped mild green chilies
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 15oz cans of black or pinto beans
- 10 oz frozen corn
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1tsp cilantro
- 1tsp cumin, chili powder and salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
I didn't have any corn so I did not include that. I used pinto beans and 1 whole onion.
- Place all ingredients into a 6 qt. slow cooker. Mix. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- After a few hours, once chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from pot, shred and return to pot for remaining cooking time.
After a couple hours I shredded the chicken. Then I turned my cooker on high. After about 6 hours total we had dinner. It was good but I wasn't sure if it was a keeper or not. During a commercial break of The Bachelor around 8 something I went upstairs and realized I had left the crock pot on high and forgot to turn it off. I turned it off and then decided to have another bowl.
IT WAS AMAZING!!! Just those few extra hours made all the difference. The chicken melted in my mouth and all the different flavors had fuzed into awesomeness. It was slightly spicy with just the right kick. I didn't even add anything extra to it besides salt.
I ended up having another bowl.
I also ate it for breakfast and would have had it for lunch but it was all gone. SADNESS!
I will definetly be making this again but I will make sure to make it earlier so it can cook longer, I think that made all the difference.