I'm finally pulling my head out of the upstairs bedroom that now belongs to Emma. Taking a room from dark purple to bright yellow is no joke!!
But, I am finally done and I'm in LURVE with it! It turned out exactly the way I had pictured it in my head, I love when that happens!
It has been a little over a week since I started and I'm so happy to say that it is 90% done. 100% done with the painting, all of Emma's things have been moved upstairs and put away. The only thing I need to do is hang a few things on the walls. I'm usually slow as molassas at doing things but I really needed the room downstairs for an office so that kind of lit the fire under my butt!
The third bedroom upstairs has been used as a playroom/toy storage since we moved here in August. We didn't do anything to it besides stuff kid things in it. This is what it looked like before:
Ugh yeah, it aint pretty that's for sure!
I thought about leaving the purple and hubby liked it but I just couldn't do it. It was too dark for my little sunny girl she needed something brighter! I also had 2 cans of paint that were originally intended for the kitchen that I wanted to use. We decided to go with a different color for the kitchen so it worked out.
I headed to Lowes and purchased Valspar High Hiding Primer to use over the purple. And since I knew I wanted stripes I bought another shade of yellow to go with what I had.
The primer was great. I did 2 coats on the walls where I knew I was using the lighter shade of yellow and only one on the walls I was using the darker color. Even with the primer I had to do about 2-3 coats of the yellow.
Here is a preview of what the room looks like:
Quite lovely if I do say so myself but even better now that it's completely done. Tomorrow I'll be back with the complete room reveal as long as I can get some sun to take a decent photo!