Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween



Okay, I know I've missed a lot! But I just have to start off with Halloween. We had the best time! 

This was Aubrey ready for school on Thursday. They were allowed to dress like a book character so she was a kitten from the book 'The Three Little Kittens'. I was really afraid that her face paint would smudge and she would walk around all day with smudgy cheeks but I applied some face powder to it and it held up great! 




We live out in the sticks and our town is really small so we don't have too many options for trick or treating. Our town does do a trick or treat on the main street with all of the businesses but we tried it last year and there was just so much standing in line and waiting that it kinda took some of the fun out of it. The kids love to knock on doors and run through neighborhoods so we decided to go back to doing that, like we have done in the past. 

Thankfully one of my very best friends lives in a huge neighborhood so we had the perfect place. As soon as Aubrey was off the bus we were off! 

Here are the kids lining up for pictures.



Here is some trick or treat action. 







I just love trick or treating, especially with toddlers because they are just so darn cute!!! 

We just had the best time and enjoyed the company we were with. It was also really great because Hubby was off this year finally. He had to work the past few ones. 

On a side note - 

Jimmy Kimmel the late night talk show host issues a challenge to parents after every Halloween. Tell your kids that you ate all their Halloween candy when they wake up and record their reaction. He then takes some of the video's and makes a montage of them to play on his show. 

So when I work up on Friday morning I figured I'd give it a try. I fully expected the kids to laugh in my face and run upstairs and get their candy. I am always joking with them and doing small little pranks but this time they fell for it. They were very unhappy to say the least. 

So I did submit the video and someone from the show contacted me to say they MIGHT use it. So I'll be watching Jimmy Kimmel tonight to see if they do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...